18:01:03 <kohsuke> #startmeeting
18:01:03 <robobutler> Let the Jenkins meeting commence!
18:01:11 <kohsuke> #info https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Governance+Meeting+Agenda
18:01:19 <kohsuke> #chair abayer rtyler hare_brain
18:01:19 <robobutler> Current chairs: abayer hare_brain kohsuke rtyler
18:01:46 <rtyler> ruh roh
18:01:51 <kohsuke> #topic recap of actions
18:01:53 <kohsuke> #info http://meetings.jenkins-ci.org/jenkins/2012/jenkins.2012-06-13-18.01.html
18:02:38 <kohsuke> rtyler and I did make progress on moving Confluence
18:03:04 <kohsuke> but I believe rtyler still wants to make some more puppet massaging before it goes live
18:03:25 <kohsuke> #action rtyler to fiddle with puppet script for Confluence
18:03:25 <rtyler> indeed, I'm anxiously looking forward to finally having some time this weekend
18:03:28 <rtyler> heh
18:03:53 <kohsuke> I think other actions are basically still carry-forward
18:04:02 <kohsuke> #action kohsuke to write to active users of svn.jenkins-ci.org that they can move to GitHub very easily if they want
18:04:07 <kohsuke> #action kohsuke to write a scanner that auto-adds Jenkins jobs for plugins
18:04:13 <kohsuke> #action kohsuke to split buildhive code into smaller pieces and install them to jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com
18:04:27 <kohsuke> this one made some progress but I owe ndeloof some debugging
18:04:36 <kohsuke> #action rtyler to make sure kohsuke and vjuranek have the sauce labs credentials
18:05:09 <kohsuke> I suspect KVM effort is stalled, and with more builds moving to jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com we can probably get by with what we have for now
18:05:15 <kohsuke> #action rtyler to puppet-ize ircbot on cucumber
18:05:47 <kohsuke> #topic next LTS baseline
18:06:01 <kohsuke> #info http://jenkins-ci.org/changelog
18:06:04 <vjuranek> any proposals?
18:06:16 <kohsuke> let's see here...
18:06:20 <vjuranek> I was thining about 1.464 or 1.465
18:06:32 <hare_brain> We've been trying to get 1.460 out internally, but have been having this issue with stream corruption on FreeBSD slaves.
18:06:35 <kohsuke> I guess the first question is if hare_brain has any info about what Yahoo is thinking about picking
18:06:43 <abayer> +1 - from whatI've seen, those have been pretty good, but I'll defer to hare_brain.
18:07:00 <kohsuke> hare_brain: looking forward to resuming that debugging
18:07:24 <hare_brain> So the basic functionality of 1.460 seems fine, but the new version of the remoting module that changed since 1.424 is causing this problem for us.
18:08:00 <hare_brain> kohsuke, I submitted a pull request for the remoting project last night that has some debugging code I wrote. I wound up writing that ring buffer to capture the data being read and written
18:08:19 <kohsuke> 1.466 does seem good.
18:08:33 <kohsuke> It also has this concurrent matrix build support which was well received
18:08:45 <abayer> +++++++1. =)
18:09:24 <googolplex> hello everybody
18:09:25 <kohsuke> 1.460 looks OK too. It misses the reorderable publishers
18:09:45 <googolplex> thanks for twitter invitation to join chat
18:10:31 <kohsuke> If Yahoo spent some effort already on 1.460, it seems like that's a good version to pick
18:10:44 <hare_brain> I don't have a problem going to 1.466.
18:10:56 <abayer> Getting the concurrent matrix builds would be good.
18:11:02 <hare_brain> Especially if people are enjoying the concurrent matrix builds.
18:11:22 <hare_brain> We'll resync our fork to 1.466
18:11:40 <kohsuke> OK, then let's do 1.466
18:11:47 <vjuranek> great
18:12:18 <kohsuke> It has all the UI improvement features
18:12:22 <hare_brain> "Enabled concurrent build support for matrix projects (issue 6747)" Why does that also show up for 1.467?
18:12:24 * rtyler claps
18:12:32 <hare_brain> Did some work get split across the two?
18:12:38 <kohsuke> checking
18:13:00 <kohsuke> it did go in 1.466
18:13:04 <kohsuke> looks like changelog mishup
18:13:17 <hare_brain> OK.
18:13:34 <kohsuke> All right, then.
18:13:45 <kohsuke> #agreed Next LTS will be based on 1.466
18:13:54 <hare_brain> I was just going to say that if the work somehow got split across two, we base off of 1.466 and pick up any straggling changes for that feature for LTS.
18:14:01 <hare_brain> But if that's not case, not an issue.
18:14:30 <kohsuke> yeah, this went into 1.467: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/c7d8b541787f36b50f7f0aaf91fc334a233f405b
18:14:44 <kohsuke> but https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/c86aa67953ca0d7d5e8a0ede276a659cdbe8ba6b went into 1.466, which is the actual change
18:15:06 <hare_brain> OK
18:15:23 <kohsuke> vjuranek:  I guess we'll try this in 2 weeks?
18:15:55 <hare_brain> I'd be interested in seeing of the remoting issue is particular to us.
18:16:02 <vjuranek> kohsuke: yes, should be doable, will you create new branch or I should do it?
18:16:09 <hare_brain> Anyone else using FreeBSD?
18:16:16 <rtyler> yes and no :)
18:16:17 <kohsuke> vjuranek:  I can do it
18:16:25 <vjuranek> kohsuke: thanks
18:16:29 <Nerp> Does jenkins have issues with double square brackets?
18:16:45 <rtyler> Nerp: mind holding that thought until we finish our project meeting?
18:16:51 <Nerp> sure
18:16:58 <Nerp> sorry about that
18:17:34 <kohsuke> hare_brain: I guess process-wise we won't be able to pull in that remoting fix in this LTS if we want one out in 2 weeks
18:17:56 <kohsuke> If that needs to go in LTS will need to wait a bit more before the change gets validated in mainline releases
18:18:04 <hare_brain> That's fine. It's not a fix. It's just hooks for debugging.
18:18:26 <kohsuke> ... which might be a good thing, because there's some race condition fixed recently in remoting
18:18:41 <kohsuke> OK, then I guess we'll push that to 1.466.2 or something
18:19:08 <kohsuke> I think that's it for today
18:19:13 <kohsuke> #topic next meeting time
18:19:40 <kohsuke> the next one will be July 11th the same time
18:19:46 <hare_brain> +1
18:19:56 <rtyler> works for me
18:20:01 <vjuranek> +1
18:20:03 <kohsuke> (I want to start a thread to bundle git plugin to core)
18:20:13 <kohsuke> #agreed next meeting will be July 11th the same time
18:20:22 <kohsuke> #endmeeting