#jenkins-meeting Meeting

Meeting started by oleg-nenashev at 18:04:59 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

    1. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Meeting+Agenda (oleg-nenashev, 18:05:50)

  1. Last meeting actions (oleg-nenashev, 18:06:32)
  2. LTS status check (oleg-nenashev, 18:07:57)
    1. LTS status check has been moved to mailing lists (oleg-nenashev, 18:08:13)
    2. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/oQ8PD1hgYBE FTR (oleg-nenashev, 18:09:00)
    3. Backporting thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/SUl-0uG61Bo . Please comment there if you see any issues (oleg-nenashev, 18:10:46)

  3. Jenkins Board & Officer Elections 2019 (oleg-nenashev, 18:11:14)
    1. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jenkinsci-dev/vKi9JpxTQxY (oleg-nenashev, 18:11:39)
    2. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process (oleg-nenashev, 18:14:08)
    3. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Board (oleg-nenashev, 18:14:17)
    4. AGREED: : We proceed with the Governance Board and Officer Elections proposal (oleg-nenashev, 18:23:48)

  4. : Motion: All officer positions will be voted on in 2019 (Team Leads) (oleg-nenashev, 18:24:11)
    1. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Team+Leads (oleg-nenashev, 18:24:23)
    2. See https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Board for the active officers and terms (oleg-nenashev, 18:26:38)
    3. AGREED: Motion: "All officer positions will be voted on in 2019" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:29:08)

  5. : Motion: 3 Board positions instead of 2 in the proposal will be voted on in 2019 (Dean Yu's seat + 2 new seats). 2 will be voted on in 2020 (oleg-nenashev, 18:30:32)
  6. : Motion: All officer positions will be voted on in 2019 (Team Leads) (oleg-nenashev, 18:30:54)
    1. AGREED: Motion: "All officer positions will be voted on in 2019" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:31:00)

  7. : Motion: 3 Board positions instead of 2 in the proposal will be voted on in 2019 (Dean Yu's seat + 2 new seats). 2 will be voted on in 2020 (oleg-nenashev, 18:31:13)
    1. AGREED: Motion "3 Board positions instead of 2 in the proposal will be voted on in 2019 (Dean Yu's seat + 2 new seats). 2 will be voted on in 2020" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:40:37)

  8. Motion: "CDF will supervise the election and run the voting using The Condorcet Internet voting system instead of Single Transferable Vote" (oleg-nenashev, 18:40:53)
    1. https://civs.cs.cornell.edu/ (oleg-nenashev, 18:42:13)
    2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote (oleg-nenashev, 18:42:26)
    3. AGREED: Motion "CDF will supervise the election and run the voting using The Condorcet Internet voting system instead of Single Transferable Vote" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:48:10)

  9. : Motion: "The election cut-off date for valid jenkins.io accounts for the 2019 election is 1st September 2019" (oleg-nenashev, 18:48:26)
    1. AGREED: Motion: "The election cut-off date for valid jenkins.io accounts for the 2019 election is 1st September 2019" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:50:04)

  10. Motion: "The proposed election schedule will start on 13 September 2019 and conclude on 4 November 2019 with intermediate dates as per dev list thread" (oleg-nenashev, 18:50:34)
    1. https://groups.google.com/d/msg/jenkinsci-dev/vKi9JpxTQxY/pBidPImHAQAJ , first message (oleg-nenashev, 18:51:00)
    2. https://www.irccloud.com/pastebin/9UwmJWJI/ (oleg-nenashev, 18:51:18)
    3. AGREED: Motion: "The proposed election schedule will start on 13 September 2019 and conclude on 4 November 2019 with intermediate dates as per dev list thread" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:52:58)

  11. : Motion: "Adding new officer role: Documentation officer" (oleg-nenashev, 18:53:40)
    1. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Proposal+-+Project+sub-teams - new teams suggested in 2015 (oleg-nenashev, 18:53:57)
    2. https://jenkins.io/sigs/docs/ as a new entity introduced in 2018 (oleg-nenashev, 18:55:45)
    3. AGREED: Motion: "Adding new officer role: Documentation officer" is accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:57:04)

  12. Voting for the amended https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process and for the board election proposal (oleg-nenashev, 18:57:54)
    1. All motions have been accepted (oleg-nenashev, 18:58:04)
    2. AGREED: Jenkins Board & Officer Elections 2019 is accepted. We will follow the https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process process, with 6 amendments approved before (oleg-nenashev, 19:01:52)
    3. ACTION: all to send their nominations for 3 board members and 5 officers by October 04, 2019 (oleg-nenashev, 19:02:27)
    4. ACTION: tracymiranda to sync with existing board to get a nomination email sent to dev list on 13 sep (oleg-nenashev, 19:02:44)
    5. ACTION: tracymiranda to communicate the Governance meeting results in the developer mailing list (oleg-nenashev, 19:03:12)
    6. https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process (tracymiranda, 19:03:50)
    7. ACTION: oleg-nenashev to add key election dates to the Jenkins event calendar (oleg-nenashev, 19:03:54)
    8. ACTION: tracymiranda to ensure that the https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process get updated after the motions (oleg-nenashev, 19:04:38)
    9. ACTION: tracymiranda to ask Governance board to update https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Board : add Infrastructure and Documentation officers there + links to the elections (oleg-nenashev, 19:05:29)
    10. AGREED: Next meeting will happen on Sep 25 (oleg-nenashev, 19:08:53)
    11. ACTION: oleg-nenashev to ensure somebody can run it, grant permissions if needed (oleg-nenashev, 19:09:12)


Meeting ended at 19:10:09 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. all to send their nominations for 3 board members and 5 officers by October 04, 2019
  2. tracymiranda to sync with existing board to get a nomination email sent to dev list on 13 sep
  3. tracymiranda to communicate the Governance meeting results in the developer mailing list
  4. oleg-nenashev to add key election dates to the Jenkins event calendar
  5. tracymiranda to ensure that the https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process get updated after the motions
  6. tracymiranda to ask Governance board to update https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Board : add Infrastructure and Documentation officers there + links to the elections
  7. oleg-nenashev to ensure somebody can run it, grant permissions if needed


Action items, by person

  1. oleg-nenashev
    1. oleg-nenashev to add key election dates to the Jenkins event calendar
    2. oleg-nenashev to ensure somebody can run it, grant permissions if needed
  2. tracymiranda
    1. tracymiranda to sync with existing board to get a nomination email sent to dev list on 13 sep
    2. tracymiranda to communicate the Governance meeting results in the developer mailing list
    3. tracymiranda to ensure that the https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Board+Election+Process get updated after the motions
    4. tracymiranda to ask Governance board to update https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Governance+Board : add Infrastructure and Documentation officers there + links to the elections


People present (lines said)

  1. oleg-nenashev (137)
  2. tracymiranda (49)
  3. markyjackson (16)
  4. markewaite (16)
  5. alyssat_ (10)
  6. robobutler (2)


Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.